Monday, March 23, 2009

Digital Cel-Introduction




HAI :B



my name is Alex, I'm a Junior at the Savannah College of art and Design majoring in 2D animation and minoring in Sequential Art.

umm...I like to draw and play video games and spend time on the internet being a lurker on several different websites. I love animation..love to watch it....create it...

Other interests...music...um..I listen to all kinds of music like alternative, indie rock, rock, classical, some hard rock, techno....all kinds. I don't read much...except for comics which includes Mignola's Hellboy and BPRD and BL manga....I read lots and LOTS of BL manga..kind of an addiction....movies....? any animated movies of course...I also like comedy movies..serious moies and war movies. yeah.

ANYWAYS, when I'm not slaving away at the projects for my classes...I either play video games or draw my own original stuff...the kind of stuff I have been drawing since I was a wee-child...ya know..characters and stories and wot-not...I have a DeviantART account where I used to post my stuff...but DA is LAME and I never use my account hardly anymore so I'll prolly use this blog to post any new work of mine...maybe...if I feel like it.

not much else I can think to say.....I'm into all sorts of random stuff on the internets...where I spend a large part of my freetime. sad....more about animation? um. I havne't done much outside of class...but stuff I have created where I could use my own orginal ideas usually revolves around this chicken character I have been using for years...i get lots of inspiration from old cartoons back in the day....Looney Toons and old Nickelodean stuff like Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern life.. teh good ol days of animation...and movie stuff.. well of course old Disney movies...and uh Miyazaki....who is a GOD. I also get lots of inspiration from independent animators like Yuri Norstein who is incredible...go check him out....as far as where I see my self as an animator in the future? Well if the market brings 2D animation back into the movies then maybe I'll get in on that..but I'm not particularily interested in going into some huge company like Disney or Pixar....get into a small company instead.. or get a job in production....or if I can support myself become a independant animator and just make animation for fun.....

SO YEAH. That's about all I can think to say right now... mmmmyep....

http://digitalcelanimation.com/blog/?page_id=6

http://digitalcelanimation.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment